Navratan pulao is a very tasty and wholesome dish.
You can make it very easily on special occasions. Navratan Pulao is prepared with vegetables, paneer, and dry fruits that make this polao very tasty and nutritious.
If you want to serve vegetarian food to someone, then you must try this recipe once and for all.
So let us see how to make Navratan Pulao at home.
Veg Navratan Pulao Recipe
- 1 Kadhai ( Recommended: Solimo Hard Anodized Aluminium Deep Kadhai )
- 3 Potatoes Cut in small cubes
- 3 Carrots Cut in small cubes
- 2 Capsicum
- 10-12 Beans Cut in small pieces
- Paneer cubes
- Cauliflower Chopped
- 25 g Cashew
- 25 g Raisins
- Refined oil
- Whole Spices 1 bay leaf, 3 tbsp cardamom and 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 cups Basmati Rice
- Hot Spice Powder
- To make Navratan Pulao, first wash the basmati rice well. Drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- Take a Kadhai, take some refined oil, and heat it.
- Then put the chopped carrots in it, add the chopped potatoes, cauliflower, and fry them on low flame for 4-5 minutes. Make sure to cut the carrots and potatoes into small pieces so that they are boiled quickly.
- Once the potatoes, carrots, and cauliflower are fried, put them in another pot or bowl.
- Now fry the Paneer cubes on low heat for 3-4 minutes. When it is lightly fried, put the paneer cubes in the pot or bowl.
- Finally add capsicum, beans, and peas in the Kadhai and fry them again for 5 minutes on a low flame.
- Now heat some ghee in the Kadhai and add a little refined oil. If you want, you can make this dish using ghee only.
- Then take the washed basmati rice and fry it well with oil and ghee for two to three minutes.
- Now put all the vegetables and paneer in the rice and stir it well.
- Add 3 cups of milk & water mixture to the Kadhai and add a little saffron.
- Now add salt and sugar according to your requirements.
- Close the lid and let it boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then open the lid, spread Garam Masala Powder on top and keep stirring for some more time.
- Now cover the lid, turn off the gas and let it boil a little more.
- Open the lid and you will get beautiful Veg Navaratna Pulao.
You can serve Navratan Pulao with Veg Manchurian or Chili paneer.
This one-pot meal can be eaten with any chicken recipe and I am sure you will love it.
The flavourful rice delicacy is also famous in the entire country.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- Potol Dalna Recipe | How To Make Bengali-Style Aloo Potoler Dalna
- Jhinge Posto Recipe | How To Make Jinge-Aloo Posto At Home
- Eggless Egg Curry Recipe | How To Make Paneer Ke Ande (Veg Egg)
- Crispy Chicken Recipe | How To Make Crispy Chicken at Home Easily
- Matar Paneer Recipe | How To Cook Indian Style Muttar Paneer
- Potoler Dorma Recipe Bengali Style | How to Make Potol Dolma