Chilli chicken is a very favourite dish for everyone. Not only in India this recipe is very famous in many parts of the world.
Primarily originated in China this recipe has gained immense popularity in all the states of the Indian subcontinent.
Basically, the dish is cooked keeping the tasty sauces as the base. There is no usage of any dried crushed masala or whole spices.
In this recipe, I have given all the steps about how can you easily prepare chilli chicken gravy at home with very few ingredients.
Chilli Chicken Gravy Recipe
- 300 g chicken with bone or boneless
- Black Pepper powder
- Chopped Ginger Garlic,
- Chopped green chillies
- Kashmiri Chilli powder
- Spring onion
- 1 Egg
- All purpose Flour
- Onion cut into cubes
- Bell pepper cut into cubes
- Red Chili sauce
- Tomato ketchup
- Soy sauce
- White oil
Marinate the chicken
- Take 300 grams of boneless/with bone chicken and wash it properly with water.
- Then drain the extra water properly and add salt, ginger garlic paste 2tbsp, all-purpose flour one cup, cornflower 2 to 3 tablespoon and black pepper powder.
- Add one spoon soya sauce and one egg.
- Mix the Chicken well with the batter and allow the marinated chicken to rest for at least one hour.
Fry the chicken
- After one hour heat refined oil and fry the chicken pieces well in the oil.
- After they turn Golden brown transfer the chicken pieces in a tissue paper so that it absorbs extra oil.
Make the gravy
- Heat Cube of butter in the pan and add garlic, ginger and green chilli dipped in vinegar.
- After the Aroma comes out of the oil add roughly chopped onion and capsicum and fry them lightly.
- Now add the salt and sugar accordingly.
- To give a dark red colour to your gravy, you can add Kashmiri chilli powder.
- Now add the pieces of fried chicken.
- Now increase the gas flame and add tomato ketchup 4-5 tbsp, soya sauce 2tbsp, red chilli sauce 3tbsp.
- You can add red chilli sauce according to how much spicy you want the recipe.
- Now add 1tbsp of vinegar.
Prepare chilli chicken
- Add some hot water in the pan.
- Mix all these ingredients well.
- Now make a Cornflour slurry and add to the chicken.
- Conflour is a binding agent and thickens the chicken gravy.
- After the gravy thickens add black pepper powder and garnish with sprink onions.
- Your chilli chicken is prepared.
In this way, you can make chilli paneer, soya chilli, and chilli cauliflower too. You can eat this delicious recipe with rice, roti or Paratha.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- Beguni Recipe | How To Make Bengali Style Batter Fried Brinjal
- Egg Chowmein Recipe | How To Make Kolkata-Style Egg Chow
- Chicken Lollipop Recipe | How To Make Restaurant Style Drums of Heaven
- Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe – How To Make Easily At Home
- Khichuri Recipe | How To Make Bengali-Style Khichdi At Home
- Chicken Popcorn Recipe | How To Make Popcorn Chicken At Home