Chili Paneer is a yummy and tasty Indian – Chinese cuisine.
There are many ways to prepare this dish. You can make it dry, semi-dry, or gravy.
You can call Chili Paneer a vegetarian variant of Chili Chicken.
In this authentic recipe, the fried paneer cubes are sauteed in a sweet, tangy, spicy sauce.
This easy-to-prepare dish is loved by everyone, and it doesn’t contain any heavy ingredients like ground masalas. Rather it is prepared in a base of sauces and vinegar.
So let us see how to prepare chili paneer very easily.
Tasty Chili Paneer Gravy Recipe (Restaurant Style)
- 1 Kadhai
- 1 Induction Cooktop
- 300 g Paneer cut into small cubes
- 3 tbsp Cornflour 2 tbsp for batter & 1 tbsp for gravy
- 1 Capsicum
- 2 Onions cut into cubes
- 1 Bell pepper big
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- Eggs optional
- Chicken chili powder
- 2 tbsp Chopped garlic chilies, and ginger
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp Red chili sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Black pepper powder
- Spring onions
Prepare Paneer Cubes
- Cut the paneer into small cubes.
- Now gently dip the cubes in a batter of salt, cornflour eggs, and a little chili powder.
- You can also skip the egg if you are a vegetarian, or you may skip it otherwise.
Prepare the gravy
- Now add refined oil to a pan.
- After the oil gets heated up, add finely chopped ginger, garlic, and green chilies.
- After some time, you can notice an aroma coming out of the oil.
- Now add roughly chopped onions, capsicum, and bell peppers.
- Stir it well for a few minutes.
- Now add red chili powder, salt, and sugar accordingly.
- I generally add the Chicken Chili masala for an extra flavor (it is vegetarian), although if you want you can skip this ingredient.
- Mix everything well and now it’s time to add the sauces and vinegar.
- Add tomato ketchup, soya sauce, chili sauce (red or green), and vinegar as per the measurements given in the above list.
- Saute everything well, until it releases a flavourful essence.
Add Paneer cubes
- After all the ingredients get mixed well, add the fried paneer cubes and once again mix the masalas well with the paneer.
- Now In a bowl, mix a little cornflour with water. Now add the cornflour slurry to the paneer to make a thick gravy.
- You can adjust its consistency by adding water and cornflour.
- Now allow it to cook for a few more minutes.
- Add black pepper powder and once again saute it for the last time, before you turn off the gas.
- Sprinkle chopped spring onions to make them look more attractive and to get a yummier taste.
- Serve it hot.
The item is best served with fried rice, roti, or paratha.
You can make it dry or semi-dry, according to your choice.
If you make it dry or semi-dry, then you can also easily pack it in the lunch box for your kid as well.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- 6 Delicious Sandwich Recipes to Make for Breakfast or Snack
- Chicken Chowmin Recipe | How to make Chicken Chow at home
- Ilish Macher Tel Jhol Recipe | How to make Hilsa Light Gravy easily
- Butter Garlic Naan Recipe | Soft Butter Naan (without tandoor)
- Taler Bora Recipe | How to make Sugar Palm Fritters at home
- Muri Ghonto Recipe | How to make Bengali Style Muri Ghonto