Kolkata is a wonderful place with a kaleidoscope of colors that make every part of the city worth visiting.
Filled with monuments, shopping hubs, romantic spots, and old street charms in every noot, Kolkata rewards people with all sorts of happiness.
In Kolkata, there are a few spots that stand out as a lover’s paradise.
In this article, you will get to know about these romantic Places in Kolkata,
Let’s see each of these places in detail…
1. Prinsep Ghat
Prinsep Ghat is one of Kolkata’s most dynamic and lovely romantic destinations.
This lovely location has served as the prime shooting location of many television daily soap and Bollywood films.
The splendid ambiance makes it one of the most popular romantic spots in Kolkata.
A beautiful monument in Gothic-Greek style architecture, located on the riverbank is an amazing photography spot for couples.
The monument’s façade is alluring at night. The breathtaking view of the Hoogly Bridge has enchanted many lovers.
Things to do in Prinsep Ghat
- A private boat trip on the Ganges
- Wandering alongside the Hooghly River Bank.
- Take a ride on the famous Circular Railway.
- Click amazing photos in the backdrop of the white building of James Prinsep, Ganges, and the Hooghly river.
2. Victoria Memorial
If you are looking for the ideal romantic spots to visit in Kolkata, Victoria Memorial is an excellent choice for you.
It has earned the status of one of Kolkata’s most romantic spots.
This historic monument is dedicated to Queen Victoria of England.
It is surrounded by extensive gardens, lovely bushes, vibrant flowers, and adorable lakes.
With the magical lighting effect, the grand white marble edifice appears even more amazing in the evening.
The great grandeur and splendor of this location are likely to captivate lovers from all over West Bengal and India.
Things to do at Victoria Memorial
- Spend a romantic day in the exquisite gardens around the monument.
- Sit on the lawns and admire the wonderful fountains.
- Stroll along the lake.
- Dive in the breathtaking view of the mesmerizingly lighted Memorial at night
- Enjoy lights and sound show.
- Relish street foods just outside the complex. Don’t forget to take comfortable selfies.
3. Eco Park
Eco Park is a man-made park with a subtle ambiance and ranks high in the list of romantic locations in Kolkata.
With a pleasant breeze touching your face, blossoming vibrant flowers, and well-defined walkways, this place provides a calm outlook.
The truly wonderful scenery rewards you with the immense joy of a romantic date.
It’s indeed a place to relax amidst the city concrete. There are ample activities that couples can enjoy here.
Things to do in Eco Park
- Watersports such as kayaking, water zorbing, boating, and other activities can be enjoyed with your loved one.
- Stroll along the swishing water of the beautiful fountains
- Enjoy some beautiful views from the thatched Artist’s cottage.
- Stroll through the Tea Garden and Mask Garden.
- The vibrant show at Wildflower Meadow and Formal Garden also makes it one of the top locations to visit in Kolkata for young lovers.
4. Millennium Park
Millennium Park is one of the most popular romantic spots you can visit in Kolkata.
The Park, located by the Ganges, provides everything a romantic spot should have: beauty, calm setting, solitude, and fair accessibility.
Many couples enjoy romantic conversations on well-maintained grounds.
The park’s main attraction is the spectacular sunset.
Another pretty thing about this park is that its dotted with beautiful sculptures.
It allows couples to experience intimate moments amidst the natural aura.
Things to do in Millennium Park:
- Spend a nice evening with your lover in Millennium Park.
- Stroll around the garden’s thick foliage.
- Write sonnets and poetry to dedicate to your lover.
- Capture the reddish-orange hues of sunsets.
Isn’t Holding hands on a ship’s deck, experiencing the cold sea wind swishing through your hair, viewing shimmering lights on the horizon, and enjoying the delightful aroma of food, a perfect date idea?
No, you don’t need to fly abroad to have such a great experience.
You can have it at Polo Floatel, and hence it can be regarded as one of the most romantic date venues in Kolkata.
The magnificent hotel gives you a spectacular atmosphere for you and your partner to relax and cherish.
The adorable bridge will make you feel like you’re standing with your partner in some of the charming bridges of London and Paris.
The tranquil ambiance and captivating surroundings make it the ideal location for couples in Kolkata.
Things to do in Floatel:
- Dine at Al Fresco in the pure air of the Hoogly river.
- Have Prawn Moilee Melon with Manhattan Cocktail.
Raichak is another popular romantic destination near Kolkata.
It is a little village that has just been established as the new premium destination for couples.
If you are planning a luxurious vacation, the lavish resorts here is the ultimate place for you. It is only around 2 hours away from Kolkata.
The romantic getaway will amaze you in every possible way and therefore will be worth every penny.
It is an excellent choice for couples who are searching for a unique romantic break near the city.
You can also go for a long drive to Raichak from Kolkata and get every pleasure of an extravagant holiday.
Things to do Raichak:
- Thrive in the scenery of the resort.
- Go for couple therapy at Anaya Spa.
- Book a room with a balcony to enjoy your own little display of nature.
- Spend money on candlelit meals.
- Pose for amazing photos to remember your trip.
7. Elliot Park
Elliot Park, located near Victoria Memorial, is a beautiful park and a popular romantic spot in Kolkata.
It has beautiful foliage, fountains, a pond, and a large area surrounded by enough seats.
You can conveniently reach the park from the Maidan metro station.
This spot is ideal for couples who wish to spend some solitary time in the middle of nature.
Aside from its picturesque surroundings, the park also offers a lot of free concerts and activities.
There are several additional recreational areas surrounding the park that you and your partner can explore together.
Things to do in Elliot park:
- Click photos in the picturesque surrounding.
- Attend lovely concerts.
8. Rabindra Sarobar
Rabindra Sarobar is a man-made lake located in the south of Kolkata.
It is one of the most romantic places to visit in Kolkata, as it is bounded by a tranquil atmosphere.
The breeze and the chirping birds altogether create a magical atmosphere to spend quality time.
This place is also separated from the city chaos.
You can also have Ghoti Gorom, Jhalmuri, and lemon tea together!
Moreover, you can also plan a romantic date at some of Kolkata’s finest restaurants near Rabindra Sarobar.
Things to do in Rabindra Sarobar:
- Take a walk by the lakeside with your special someone.
- Take photos and selfies together.
- Enjoy the beautiful fountain show.
These are some of the romantic places to visit in Kolkata. In some ways, they really make Kolkata a city of joy.
The busy schedules have left limited time to spend with our dear ones.
So visit these nearby destinations and spend some precious time together in solitude.
Some web stories to know more about West Bengal:
Some other Articles You Might Like
- Rishi Khola (Kalimpong) West Bengal – Homestays, Things To Do
- Ropeway In Darjeeling (Rangeet Valley) – Ticket Price, Timings
- Bhalukhop (Kamlimpong) West Bengal – Things To Do, Resorts
- Alipore Zoo Kolkata Online Ticket Booking Process 2023
- Alipore Zoo (Kolkata) – Ticket Price, Timings, Attractions
- Darjeeling Toy Train Ticket Booking Online Process 2023
Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the article may contain affiliate links. This means when you book or buy something using these links, you help support the website at no extra cost.