Dabeli is a popular Gujarati street food snack made with Indian pav bread and stuffed with a unique masala blend of Dabeli masala.
The recipe appears to be very similar to the Maharashtrian vada pav snack, but it contains a variety of flavors.
Generally, Dabeli is eaten in the evening with a cup of tea or coffee.
Now let’s see how to prepare the Dabeli recipe at home easily…
Dabeli Recipe (Street Style)
Recipe to make delicious street food style Dabeli at home. Simple ingredients, instructions, and equipment to cook Gujrati-style Dabeli easily.
- 1 Kadhai
- 1 Induction Cooktop
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 0.5 tsp cumin seeds
- 0.5 tsp fennel / saunf
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- 0.5 inch cinnamon
- 1 pod black cardamom
- 6 clove
- 1 star anise
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sesame seed
- 2 tbsp dry coconut
- 3 dried red chilli
- 0.5 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp aamchur
- 1 tsp sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- for Aloo mixture:
- 2 tbsp tamarind chutney
- 0.25 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 potato / aloo boiled & mashed
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut grated
- 1 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- 2.5 tbsp sev
- 2 tbsp pomegranate
- 2 tbsp spiced peanut
Prepare Dabeli Masala
- Firstly, take coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, pepper, cardamom, clove, black cardamom, bay leaf, sesame seeds, sliced coconut, star anise, dry red chillies.
- Dry roast all of these ingredients well for 4-5 minutes until they release aroma.
- Now add salt, sugar , turmeric, and amchur powder.
- Now Grind them all in a fine powder.
- Your Dabeli masala is ready.
Prepare the Filling
- Now take 3 tsp of Dabeli masala in a bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of tamarind chutney and 1/4th cup of water. Mix them well.
- Now heat oil in a pan at a medium flame.
- Add dabeli masala and add boiled potatoes.
- Now mix these ingredients well.
- Mash the potatoes and mix the potatoes with the masala paste.
- Stir the potato paste with required quantity of sugar and salt well until it dries up.
- Now spread the potato mixture on a plate and allow it to cool.
- Now spread /add grated coconut, sev, chopped coriander leaves, masala peanuts and pomegranate from top.
Prepare the Dabeli
- Firstly take pav bread, split the pav into two halves. Now add green coriander pudina chutney, tamarind chutney, and the dabeli aloo mixture.
- Also stuff finely chopped onion.
- Now toast it with butter on both sides of the pav.
- Roll the pav on a sev and add pomegranate from the top. Your dabeli is prepared.
You can prepare this tasty dish for your guests as well.
The lip-smacking snack is something which you should easily try making at your home.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- 6 Delicious Sandwich Recipes to Make for Breakfast or Snack
- Chicken Chowmin Recipe | How to make Chicken Chow at home
- Ilish Macher Tel Jhol Recipe | How to make Hilsa Light Gravy easily
- Butter Garlic Naan Recipe | Soft Butter Naan (without tandoor)
- Taler Bora Recipe | How to make Sugar Palm Fritters at home
- Muri Ghonto Recipe | How to make Bengali Style Muri Ghonto