Golden Beach is part of the Puri Beach that has been beautified significantly. It is situated at the start of Beach Road in Puri and stretches for quite a bit.
This is one of the most popular sections of the Puri Sea Beach and is notable for its glistening sand and azure waters.
Golden Beach in Puri has recently received the title of “Blue Flag Beach” from the Foundation of Environmental Education, Denmark, and rightly so.
In this article, you will get to know the following points about Golden Beach, Puri,
Let’s see each of these points in detail.
Golden Beach (Puri) Entry Fee
|₹20 per visitor||3 hours|
|₹50 per visitor||Day Pass (Puri District people)|
|₹100 per vistor||Day Pass (Tourists)|
|Free entry||Below 10 years|
|Rs. 50||For using shower facilities|
|Rs. 50||Sitting facilities with umbrella|
Timings of Golden Beach (Puri)
The timings of Golden Beach Puri are,
|Everyday||05:00 AM to 08:00 PM|
How to reach Golden Beach
Golden Beach is well connected with other parts of Puri.
You can reach the place quite easily either by walking, or by local transport like buses and autos from your hotel or other parts of the town.
The natural ambiance of Golden Beach
The natural ambiance of the place is enchanting. The views are extraordinary with the blue horizons where the white cloud-filled clear sky meets the wild, cool waters of the vast sea. The waves crash on the shore creating a white foamy line along with the rhythmic sounds.
The place has a chilled-out vibe that is contrary to the old town but blends in amazingly without being odd.
Things to do in Golden Beach Puri
Golden Beach will entertain you in different ways. Here is the list of things that you can indulge in while at the location:
- Stroll along the shore while absorbing the fresh atmosphere.
- Capture the changing colors of the waters as time passes by.
- Visit during the morning to jog or walk and admire the sunrise.
- Meditate if you would like at the beach at dawn when there are very less people on the beach. Sit back and soak in the first rays of the sun.
- Get into the water for a swim and play with the waves.
- Sitting arrangements are there where you can rest and listen to calming music.
- Jet skiing and banana boat rides are some thrilling activities in which you can take part.
- If you have kids, take them to the small playing zone which will be a great spot for them to have fun.
- Check out the splendid sand art there made by the artists, on the beach.
- Ride a camel or a horse. It is a fun experience for sure.
- Eat to your heart’s content from the local vendor selling snacks on the beach.
- Indulge in a bit of shopping a buy some souvenirs that are sold on the beach.
- Decorated walkways are there with lush greenery through which you can wander around.
- Fall in love with the glamorous sunset and enjoy the joyous evening along with the cool salty sea breeze.
Best time to visit Golden Beach Puri
The best time to visit Golden Beach depends on what kind of weather and views you would prefer. If you are visiting during early summer the weather remains different and the surrounding is a bit warm.
Then there is the post-monsoon season when the water shows off a dark emerald hue, contrasting with the golden sand. Sometimes you can see the sun and then again it gets covered by the clouds, the view is absolutely magical.
Winters on the other hand have very pleasant weather with cool sea breezes and clear skies. The color of the water turns vibrant blue and the sand starts to shimmer due to the bright sun. the atmosphere remains very soothing and tranquil.
Other attractions near Golden Beach
|Attractions||Distance from Golden Beach|
|Jagannath Temple||2 kilometers|
|Puri Lighthouse||3.4 kilometers|
|Puri Beach Market||1.5 kilometers|
The golden beach is a riveting place to spend time at. You and your family can enjoy a ton of different things here.
So while in Puri, make sure to visit this beach with friends or family to have a stirring vacation. Unwind yourself with the sound of the waves and the essence of the sea.
Some other articles you might like
- WBFDC Resort Booking Portal Registration Process Online 2023
- How To Book WBFDC Resorts & Properties Online 2023
- Golden Beach, Puri (Odisha) – Timings, Entry Fee, Things To Do
- Top 8 Places to Visit in North 24 Parganas (West Bengal)
- Bangriposi (Odisha) – How To Reach, Resorts, Attractions
- Talsari Sea Beach (Odisha) – 6 Points To Know Before You Visit
Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the article may contain affiliate links. This means when you book or buy something using these links, you help support the website at no extra cost.