For vegetarians or those who are thinking of cooking veg recipes on special puja days, I have brought for you today a recipe without onion or garlic that you would love to relish.
Shahi paneer recipe which can be easily cooked without using onion or garlic is very easy to make and it is also delicious to eat.
It is a famous paneer recipe that is served in a gravy rich in cashew nuts and cream, so it is definitely a delicious recipe.
Let’s see how to make Shahi Paneer at home easily…
Shahi Paneer Recipe (Veg)
- 250 g Paneer
- 3-4 to matoes
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2-3 green chilli paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 black cardamom
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder for color
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp Kasuri methi dried fenugreek leaves
- One pinch of hing/asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp cashew nut paste
- 1/2 tsp watermelon seeds charmogoj
- 1 tbsp cream
- 2-3 tbsp oil / ghee
- First soak the cashew nuts and charmogoj in warm water and set aside for at least 1/2 hour.
- Then make a fine smooth paste using a little water with these two ingredients in the mixer grinder.
- Keep it separately.
- Cut the paneer into large cubes.
- Put the paneer aside.
- Wash the tomatoes well and make a puree.
- Set it aside too.
- Then take a pan and heat some oil or ghee in it.
- Now add bay leaves and a crushed black cardamom (for flavor).
- Add the green cardamom, cumin and asafoetida one by one until all these ingredients splutter and impressive aroma comes out of the oil.
- Now add Kashmiri red chilli powder and tomato puree together.
- Let all these ingredients fry on a low flame, until the oil starts to release. Now add green chilli and ginger paste, cashew paste, char Mogoj paste.
- Fry on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Now mix all the dry spice powder like turmeric, salt, little sugar, red chilli powder.
- Add some kasuri methi. The Kasuri methi used at this stage spreads a beautiful aroma.
- Stirr the mixture into the pan for 5 minutes until all the paste of the ingredients is really cooked and oil is released from the sides of the pan.
- Add the malai or fresh cream and cook until the gravy mixes with the spices well.
- Now put the sliced pieces of paneer in the pan and mix it well with all the spices.
- Then add garam masala powder. Mix all these ingredients well over low heat.
- Saute the paneer pieces well with the gravy.
- Now add 1/2 cup water and let the gravy cook for 5-10 minutes with the lid closed.
- This will make the paneer more tender. After its cooked, transfer the paneer to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with cream and kasuri methi on top.
- Serve it hot.
You can make this recipe any day if you want.
But since it is a vegetarian recipe, you can make this recipe, especially on any puja occasion or you can make it on special days like Thursday, Tuesday, or Saturday.
You can eat such a delicious recipe without onion or garlic.
Serve shahi paneer with Paratha or Puri and enjoy a delicious veg meal.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- Chicken Chowmin Recipe | How to make Chicken Chow at home
- Ilish Macher Tel Jhol Recipe | How to make Hilsa Light Gravy easily
- Butter Garlic Naan Recipe | Soft Butter Naan (without tandoor)
- Taler Bora Recipe | How to make Sugar Palm Fritters at home
- Muri Ghonto Recipe | How to make Bengali Style Muri Ghonto
- Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani Recipe | How to cook biriyani