Malai or Creamy Chicken is a slightly different type of chicken recipe.
As the name suggests, it has a very creamy texture similar to Malai.
This is a delicious chicken recipe and it has been very popular in India since ancient times, especially since the Mughal era.
So Malai Chicken has its origins in India since ancient times.
It is made with fresh cream, yogurt, and cashew nut paste without much use of spices.
So let’s see how to make Malai chicken at home.
Malai Chicken Curry Recipe (Murg Malai)
- 300 g Chicken
- 7-8 Cashew nuts
- 100 g Whipped sour yogurt
- 3-4 g Dry pumpkin seeds paste Char magoj
- 5-6 Raisins for sweetness
- ½ g Pepper powder
- ½ cup Fresh cream
- 5 g Crushed and dried Kasuri methi
- Turmeric powder optional
- 1 tbsp Sahi garam masala powder
- Refined oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Ginger garlic and green chili paste
- Onion paste
- 1 tbsp Chaat masala
- To prepare malai chicken, first take 6 to 7 cashew nuts, char magoj seeds, raisins and whipped sour yogurt in a mixer grinder.
- Make a fine paste of sour curd, nuts and raisins and keep those aside. I am adding raisins here for a mild sweet flavour.
- Take 300 grams of chicken pieces in a bowl.
- Remember to make fine slits in the chicken.
- Add ginger garlic and green chilli paste, black pepper powder, salt, lemon juice, chaat masala, kasuri methi, shahi garam masala powder and fresh cream.
- Add red chilli powder, sour curd and cashew nut paste in the chicken.
- Marinate the chicken pieces well and cover the marinated chicken for 1 hour.
- Then heat refined oil in a pan and add the Onion paste until golden brown.
- Then add only the chicken pieces without marinade.
- When the chicken pieces are golden brown and fried well, add a little salt.
- Then add the leftover marinade to the pan and saute the chicken well with the masalas.
- Add some water and scrape the bottom of the pan to incorporate the marinade masalas.
- Close the lid of the pan and cook the chicken well.
- After 15 minutes, open the lid, spread a little ghee and garam masala powder.
- Serve it hot
You can eat this delicious recipe with roti paratha or fried rice.
However, this recipe goes well with butter naan.
The relishing creamy and yummy taste of Malai chicken will be loved by all chicken lovers!
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- Chicken Chowmin Recipe | How to make Chicken Chow at home
- Ilish Macher Tel Jhol Recipe | How to make Hilsa Light Gravy easily
- Butter Garlic Naan Recipe | Soft Butter Naan (without tandoor)
- Taler Bora Recipe | How to make Sugar Palm Fritters at home
- Muri Ghonto Recipe | How to make Bengali Style Muri Ghonto
- Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani Recipe | How to cook biriyani