Many people have eaten various recipes with poppy seeds. You must have definitely tasted delicious recipes like Postor bora, potato with poppy seeds (Alu Posto), shrimp/Hilsa with poppy seed paste, etc.
But Lau Posto (bottle gourd with poppy seeds) is one of the delicious Bengali recipes that I will talk about in this recipe.
This recipe is tasty to eat and the recipe is very necessary for hot weather as it has endless qualities.
Now let’s see how you can make delicious Lau Posto at home.
Lau Posto Recipe (Bottle Gourd with Poppy Seed)
- 1 Kadhai
- 1 Induction Cooktop
- 1 Mixer Grinder
- 1 kg bottle gourd
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 3-4 green chilies You can add more or less green chilies if you want
- 2 green chilies slit
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 whole dry red chili
- To make Lau Posto, first, cut off the top and bottom of the bottle gourd.
- Then peel it and wash it well.
- Then cut this bottle gourd into small pieces or you can also slice it in Julianne style.
- Soak the poppy seeds in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Then pour the poppy seeds into a grinding machine, add green chilies, and salt, and grind these ingredients well.
- Take a Kadhai or pan and heat some mustard oil.
- After that, fry the dried red chilies in tempering hot oil, and stir for a few seconds, until it sputters and releases fragrance.
- Then add the chopped bottle gourd, season it with salt, and let the bottle gourd cook on a high flame.
- Then reduce the heat again, cover the pan with a lid and cook until the bottle gourd is almost cooked.
- Add the poppy paste, add two tablespoons of water and mix everything well.
- Then increase the heat and cook the poppy seeds and bottle gourd well for a few minutes.
- If you want, you can garnish Lau Posto with slit green chili and transform it into a serving bowl.
- Serve it hot.
You can eat Bottle Gourd with poppy seeds on a hot afternoon.
You can eat tasty Lau Posto, aam (mango) dal, and rice to feel relaxed and comfortable as it’s a very light meal.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- 6 Delicious Sandwich Recipes to Make for Breakfast or Snack
- Chicken Chowmin Recipe | How to make Chicken Chow at home
- Ilish Macher Tel Jhol Recipe | How to make Hilsa Light Gravy easily
- Butter Garlic Naan Recipe | Soft Butter Naan (without tandoor)
- Taler Bora Recipe | How to make Sugar Palm Fritters at home
- Muri Ghonto Recipe | How to make Bengali Style Muri Ghonto