Dhokla is a famous Gujarati recipe that is very easy to make.
It can be made only with easily available home ingredients like gram flour, salt, turmeric, like, curry leaves, etc.
This Gujarati dish is extremely healthy and contains very low calories.
Now let us see how to make Khaman dhokla at home.
Khaman Dhokla Recipe Gujrati Style
Recipe for making tasty and soft Khaman Dhokla at home. Simple ingredients and instructions to make delicious Gujarati Khaman Dhokla easily.
- 1 Kadhai
- 1 Induction Cooktop
- 1 Pressure Cooker
To prepare Dhokla batter
- 1.5 cup Besan gram flour
- 0.5 tbsp salt
- 0.5 tbsp sugar
- 0.5 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp Eno fruit salt
To prepare Dhokla syrup
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 0.5 tbsp salt
- 0.5 tbsp sugar
- coriander leaves finely chopped
- green chilies slit
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- coconut grated
Preparation of the batter
- For the dhokla batter, you need to take gram flour, sugar, salt, and turmeric powder in a bowl and mix it well.
- Now add some water and whisk it well to make the batter of the gram flour.
- Make sure that the batter has a good consistency and is not too thick or thin. Also, see that you have whisked the batter well so that no lumps are formed in it.
- Now keep the batter aside and allow it to rest at least for 10 minutes.
- Now take a cake tin or container in which you want to make dhokla and brush the inner sides of the wall of the container/ cake tin with oil.
- Before pouring the batter into the cake tin add Eno fruit, and salt to the batter and gently mix it.
- Now immediately pour the batter into the cake tin.
- After that boil a good amount of water in a pressure cooker or a big container and keep a small stand within it.
- When the water starts to boil vigorously, keep the cake tin on the stand and cover the lid of the pressure cooker or the big container.
- Now allow the dhokla to cook well in the steam for at least 20 minutes on low flame.
- After 20 minutes, carefully open the lid of the pressure cooker and insert a toothpick within the dhokla. This will help you to understand whether the dhokla is fully prepared or not.
- When your dhokla is fully fluffy and the toothpick comes out smoothly, know that your dhokla has been prepared well.
- Take out the dhokla from the stand and allow it to cool.
Dhokla syrup preparation
- Now in order to prepare the dhokla syrup, take a big iron pan or small kadhai.
- If you do not have an iron spoon or kadhai, you can use your convenient utensil.
- Now add mustard oil and heat it well.
- Add mustard seeds, slit green chilies, and curry leaves and allow them to flutter.
- After it starts to release the aroma, turn off the gas flame.
- Then heat a small amount of water and add salt and sugar, boil it in low flame for 3-4 minutes, and then turn off the gas flame.
- Add lime juice and chopped coriander leaves to it.
- Mix all these ingredients well in the water and pour the syrup on the dhokla.
- Now cut the dhoklas into small cubes.
- Garnish it with more freshly chopped coriander leaves, Sev, and grated coconut.
Dhokla is a very tasty and healthy recipe that can be made easily without any hassles.
It can be taken as a breakfast or snack. You can also serve it to your guests.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- 6 Delicious Sandwich Recipes to Make for Breakfast or Snack
- Chicken Chowmin Recipe | How to make Chicken Chow at home
- Ilish Macher Tel Jhol Recipe | How to make Hilsa Light Gravy easily
- Butter Garlic Naan Recipe | Soft Butter Naan (without tandoor)
- Taler Bora Recipe | How to make Sugar Palm Fritters at home
- Muri Ghonto Recipe | How to make Bengali Style Muri Ghonto