There is a prevalence of vegetarian food among many Bengalis as well as others. However, we keep hearing that cooking veg item is a little difficult.
First of all, the simple way of cooking fish, meat, and egg is not allowed, and second, onions and garlic are also forbidden.
Keeping these restrictions in mind, I have brought this complete veg Kach Kola (Raw banana) Kofta Curry recipe that is very easy to make and is best for vegetarians.
Veg Kach Kolar Kofta Curry Recipe
- 3 Raw bananas
- Whole Garam masala
- Ginger chopped or paste
- Chilli chopped or paste
- Tomato paste
- Turmeric powder
- Chili powder
- Coriander leaves
Preparation of Koftas
- To make Kach Kolar Kofta Curry, boil the Kach Kola (Raw bananas) in a pressure cooker with salt and turmeric.
- After two whistles, take the bananas out, peel them and keep them separately.
- Smash the bananas, add ginger and chilli paste, garam masala powder and besan to it and fry in the shape of “Koftaas”.
- If you want to add potatoes, take some cube-shaped potato pieces, and fry them a little.
Preparation of curry
- Now add mustard oil to the pan again. Once the oil is hot, add the whole garam masala and asafoetida.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, chilies and ginger one by one.
- Now add cumin powder to it.
Making of Kach Kolar Kofta Curry
- Once the spices are roasted, add the fried banana koftas and potatoes. Then add water to it.
- Now cover it with a lid and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Then add a little ghee and coriander leaves over it and then serve with hot rice.
You can easily make this vegetarian dish on any occasion. It will be delicious to eat and will be a very dish for vegetarians.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- Chicken Chowmin Recipe | How to make Chicken Chow at home
- Ilish Macher Tel Jhol Recipe | How to make Hilsa Light Gravy easily
- Butter Garlic Naan Recipe | Soft Butter Naan (without tandoor)
- Taler Bora Recipe | How to make Sugar Palm Fritters at home
- Muri Ghonto Recipe | How to make Bengali Style Muri Ghonto
- Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani Recipe | How to cook biriyani