Eggs are a good source of protein at a low cost and are easy to digest.
It is a favorite item for all non-vegetarians, for both younger and older members of the house.
Eggs can be consumed in various ways. Apart from an omelet, and scrambled eggs, egg curry is a delicious way of preparing eggs.
Today you will get to know a unique and authentic method of cooking egg curry at home.
So come lets us see how to make delicious Egg curry…
Egg Curry Recipe (Bengali Style)
- 1 Kadhai
- 1 Induction Cooktop
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Onion Chopped
- 1 whole onion for paste
- 2 Tomato Chopped
- 1 inch ginger
- 7 cloves Garlic
- 3 green chillies
- 0.5 liters Mustard oil
- Garam masala powder
- Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Black cumin seeds
- Turmeric powder
- Fenugreek leaves
- Coriander leaves
Boil the eggs
- First boil 6 eggs well.
- While boiling, add a little salt to the water so that the shells peel off easily.
- After 15-20 minutes, turn off the flame, cool and peel off the egg shells and preserve it for cooking later.
Make the paste
- Add 1 medium sized onion, ginger and 7 cloves of garlic, 2 tomatoes and 1 raw chilli to a paste in a mixer.
- Chop the remaining 2 onions.
- Heat 50 grams of mustard oil in a pan and add a little salt, turmeric, and Kashmiri red chili powder.
Fry the eggs
- Make small slits on the surface of the eggs and add the eggs to the pan and stir well for a minute on low heat. Keep those aside.
- Add black cumin seeds and green chilies to the same oil and add chopped onions.
- Now fry these ingredients with a little salt and garam masala powder until golden brown.
Add the paste and masalas
- Now add the onion, ginger, garlic and tomato paste in the pan and add salt to taste.
- Now add turmeric, sugar, Kashmiri red chilli powder and less than half spoon of garam masala powder.
- Now cook all the masalas in a high flame for 10 minutes until it releases oil.
- Add less than half a cup of water for gravy and then the fried eggs.
- Now add a cup of water and let it boil for 2 minutes. You can cover and cook too. When it is done, add 2 teaspoons of dry fenugreek leaves over the curry or gravy.
- Now turn off the gas and stir it a little, spread chopped coriander leaves and cover the lid of the pan.
Now when you have prepared the delicious egg curry, open the lid and see how spicy and aromatic the dish is.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- Chicken Chowmin Recipe | How to make Chicken Chow at home
- Ilish Macher Tel Jhol Recipe | How to make Hilsa Light Gravy easily
- Butter Garlic Naan Recipe | Soft Butter Naan (without tandoor)
- Taler Bora Recipe | How to make Sugar Palm Fritters at home
- Muri Ghonto Recipe | How to make Bengali Style Muri Ghonto
- Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani Recipe | How to cook biriyani