Chicken Hariyali, as the name suggests, is the green color delicious chicken curry recipe. It is something which you would love to eat.
This recipe is very unique because the chicken recipe is made with corainder leaves and pudina (mint) leaves paste.
Not only do coriander and mint enhance the flavor of any cooking, but the coriander and pudina leaves are also very good for health and help to keep the body cool.
Let’s see how to make green chicken or Hariyali chicken at home easily.
Hariyali Chicken Recipe (Green Chicken Curry)
- 1 Kadhai ( Recommended: Solimo Hard Anodized Aluminium Deep Kadhai )
- 1 Induction Cooktop ( Recommended: Pigeon Acer Plus Induction Cooktop )
- 1 Mixer Grinder ( Recommended: Bajaj Rex 500W Mixer Grinder )
- 300 grams of chicken
- 1.5 inch ginger
- 7-8 garlic cloves
- 4-5 green chillies
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 3-5 greek yogurt
- Mint leaves a handful
- coriander leaves Two handfuls
- Whole Garam masala spices cinnamon, cloves, cardamom
- 3 Dried red chilli
- 3-5 Whole pepper corns
- Refined oil
- Kasuri methi
- First take 300 grams of chicken pieces and add salt, water, sour curd, 2 teaspoons of coriander powder, 1 teaspoon of cumin powder, red chilli powder and the prime green paste.
- To make the green paste, you first need to take a mixer grinder with ginger, garlic cloves, green chili, a handful of mint leaves, a handful of coriander leaves, salt, and lemon juice.
- Grind to a fine paste with all these ingredients. Use this paste of coriander and mint leaves for marination.
- Marinate the chicken well and refrigerate for two to three hours.
- After two-three hours, heat refined oil in a pan.
- This recipe is more delicious when cooked with refined oil.
- You can also use butter with oil.
- Add whole dry chillies, whole garam masala spices, whole black peppercorns in oil and saute those until aroma comes out.
- Then add finely chopped onion.
- Once the onion is fried, add salt and sweet according to taste.
- Then add the marinated meat over low heat.
- Continue to saute the gravy and chicken on a high flame(kosha), it retains the green color of the chicken.
- Then close the lid of the pan on low heat and allow the chicken to cook well.
- After 15-20 minutes, open the lid and add dry roasted kasuri fenugreek, as it enhances the taste of cooking.
- Your chicken hariyali is ready.
- Serve it hot!
You can eat this delicious recipe with fried rice, Pulao, or Aloo Paratha. Serve this unique recipe to your guests to have a lovely lunch or dinner.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- 6 Delicious Sandwich Recipes to Make for Breakfast or Snack
- Chicken Chowmin Recipe | How to make Chicken Chow at home
- Ilish Macher Tel Jhol Recipe | How to make Hilsa Light Gravy easily
- Butter Garlic Naan Recipe | Soft Butter Naan (without tandoor)
- Taler Bora Recipe | How to make Sugar Palm Fritters at home
- Muri Ghonto Recipe | How to make Bengali Style Muri Ghonto