Coriander leaves fritters, or Dhone Patar Bora, as it is called in Bengali, is a popular snack all across India. This dish is also known as Hara Dhania Bhajis.
These crispy and golden fitters are made with fresh coriander leaves or cilantro, which add a wonderful aroma and taste to any dish.
Bengalis love deep-fried food, and this is one of their favorites. You can enjoy these fritters any time of the day, as a tea-time snack or as a side dish. They are easy to make and are delicious.
You can serve it hot or cold, with or without any dip or chutney. To eat this, you do not need any specific time. So, gather all the ingredients and get started with the cooking.
Let us see the list of ingredients and the procedure to make Dhone Patar Bora.
Dhone Patar Bora Recipe (Coriander Leaves Fitters)
- 1 Induction Cooktop
- 1 Kadhai
- 3 cups Coriander leaves or Cilantro; chopped
- 2 tbsp Gram Flour
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1 Onion medium
- 4-5 Green Chilis or according to heat tolerance
- 1 tsp Black Cumin seeds or Nigella seeds
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds optional
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 pinch Baking Soda
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Black salt for garnishing
- Black pepper powder for garnishing
Chop the coriander leaves
- First, wash the coriander leaves or cilantro thoroughly.
- Then chop them roughly and keep them aside. Finely chop the green chilis.
- Next, peel the onion and cut it from the middle. Then chop them into small pieces.
Prepare the Dhone Patar Bora (Fitters)
- Now, take a large mixing bowl and add the chopped coriander leaves and the onion.
- Add the gram flour, rice flour, nigella seeds, poppy seeds (optional), turmeric powder, salt to taste, and finely chopped green chilis.
- Mix all the ingredients and then start adding water in small quantities.
- Keep on mixing until a sticky and thick consistency is obtained. Make sure not to make it too watery.
- Now, add a pinch of baking soda and mix again.
- Take a taste test, and add if salt is needed.
Fry the Dhone Patar Bora (Fitters)
- Next, take a deep frying pan or a kadhai.
- Add refined oil in a generous amount and let it heat until it smokes a little.
- Take small portions of the mixture using your fingers and drop them gently into the oil.
- Keep the flame on medium and fry them until golden brown in color.
- Stir and turn them on all sides occasionally for better cooking. Be gentle.
- Fry them in batches and transfer them onto a kitchen tissue-covered plate. This will soak off the excess oil.
- Garnish the Dhone Patar Bora by sprinkling some black salt and black pepper.
And that is it! The crispy and flavorful Dhone Patar Bora is ready to be plated.
Serve it with tomato ketchup or any sauce of choice. It also goes well with a cup of kadak masala chai.
To get the best of the bora or fritters, serve it as soon as it is done. Make it whenever you crave some and enjoy it while chit-chatting with friends and family. The best time to savor this is during the cold winter evenings.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- Koraishutir Kochuri Recipe | How To Make Motor Sutir (Peas) Kachori
- Soyabean Kofta Curry Recipe (Bengali-Style) – How To Make At Home
- Sada Aloor Tarkari Recipe | How To Make Bengali Light Potato Curry
- Spring Roll Recipe | How To Make Crispy Spring Roll Easily
- Paneer Kabab Recipe | How To Make Paneer Tikka At Home
- Methi Saag Bora Recipe | How To Make Fenugreek Leaves Pakoda