‘Dhaba-style chicken curry’ – a heart Melting recipe loved by Indians.
The sizzling red curry with tender pieces of meat garnished with fresh coriander leaves is loved by all.
You don’t have to halt on a highway for having this Dhaba-style chicken curry because now you can make this magical recipe at home.
So let’s see how to make this recipe…
Dhaba Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- 500 g Chicken thigh pieces
- 250 g Onion
- Ginger-garlic paste
- Turmeric powder
- Whole garam masala
- Tomato puree
- Red chilli powder
- Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Garam masala powder
- Chopped green chillies
- Coriander leaves Fresh
- To make dhaba style chicken, first you have to wash the chicken pieces well. (You can take thigh pieces or leg pieces of the chicken. If you want you can also take other chicken pieces too.)
- Heat some oil/ghee in a pan (Kadhai). (I have performed with entire recipe in ghee but if you want you can also use refined oil for the recipe.)
- After heating oil in a pan, add whole garam masalas and whole cumin.
- Now add 250 grams of chopped onion for 500 grams of chicken.
- After the onions turns golden brown and are fried well, add ginger garlic paste to it.
- Now add the chicken pieces in it.
- Now add turmeric powder, salt and sugar as per taste, red chilli powder. (Kashmiri red chilli powder is a mandate in this recipe to obtain a sizzling red hue of the dhaba style chicken.)
- After all the masalas are cooked well and starts to release oil, add a good quantity of coriander powder to it.
- Now add tomato puree made of two tomatoes.
- After all these are cooked well add a little bit of hot water. (You can add the quantity of water as per your needs whether you want to keep it as curry or would like to keep it as soup.)
- Cover the lid of the kadhai for 10-20 minutes and allow the chicken to cook well in a low flame.
- After 10 to 20 minutes open the lid and garnish it with garam masala powder, green chillies and fresh coriander leaves.
- Again keep the flame low and allow it to cook for another 5 to 7 minutes so that the flavour of the coriander leaves, garam masala and green chillies are uniformly added in the recipe.
- Your delicious and yummy dhaba style chicken is now prepared.
- Serve it with hot.
You can have this dish with chapati, Paratha, or plain rice.
Serve this mouth-watering recipe to your guests and see how they admire you for the masterpiece you have prepared.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- Potol Dalna Recipe | How To Make Bengali-Style Aloo Potoler Dalna
- Jhinge Posto Recipe | How To Make Jinge-Aloo Posto At Home
- Eggless Egg Curry Recipe | How To Make Paneer Ke Ande (Veg Egg)
- Crispy Chicken Recipe | How To Make Crispy Chicken at Home Easily
- Matar Paneer Recipe | How To Cook Indian Style Muttar Paneer
- Potoler Dorma Recipe Bengali Style | How to Make Potol Dolma