Crispy Potato wedges are an all-time favorite snack. Be it a lazy evening or a crazy party, this item will not go out of trend. The crisp on the outside and the soft, creamy, fluffy interiors go really well together.
The best thing is you can use any spice or herb blend of your choice to coat them. Therefore, every time you make them, it will be a different-tasting dish. If you are yearning for something tasty yet light, this can be a great option.
They are the ideal homemade solution and will come to your rescue for your craving. You can fry them or even bake or air fry them, depending on your mood.
So don’t wait anymore, get started with this simple snack! Let us see the ingredients and the process to make it.
Crispy Potato Wedges Recipe (Fried)
- 1 Induction Cooktop
- 1 Kadhai
- 4 Potatoes medium
- 2 tbsp Rice flour
- 1 tbsp Corn starch
- ½ tbsp Besan or Gram flour
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Red Chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano powder
- 1 tsp Peri Peri powder optional
Cut the potatoes
- First, wash the potatoes really well and peel them.
- Next, cut them into wedges and put them into a bowl of water.
- Wash off the extra starch and then transfer it into a boiling pot.
Boil the potatoes
- Fill the pot with a generous amount of water and add salt.
- Let the potato wedges boil until they are cooked to perfection.
Dry the potatoes
- Check if the wedges are done and transfer them into an ice bath.
- Keep them aside for around 4-8 minutes in the ice bath.
- After that, take them out from the ice bath and spread them on a kitchen tissue-covered plate.
- Pat them dry. Make sure that there is no moisture left on the surface of the wedges.
- Next, transfer them into a mixing bowl.
Coat the potato wedges
- To this add the rice flour, corn starch, besan/gram flour, and the red chili powder. (we won’t add any salt as the potatoes were boiled in salt water).
- Combine them gently.
- Coat all the wedges with the dry ingredients. Be patient or else the wedges will break.
- Pop these in the freezer for around 30 minutes or if you want you can keep it a bit longer.
Fry the potato wedges
- Now, take a deep-frying pan or a kadhai and add a generous amount of vegetable oil.
- Let the oil heat until it smokes a little. Keep the flame on medium.
- Gently drop the wedges in the oil and fry them until golden brown from all the sides.
- Fry in batches or else they might stick together.
- After all the wedges are done, increase the flame to high.
- Fry all of them again for a few seconds. This will make them crispier.
- Transfer them to a kitchen tissue-covered plate to get rid of the excess oil.
- Garnish the fries with some dried oregano powder, peri peri masala, and black pepper powder.
- Toss them lightly to coat them in the spic mix.
And there you go!
The crispy potato wedges are ready to be munched on. Serve them with a sauce or dip of your choice. They are really simple to make and can be eaten anytime you want to.
These potato wedges are delicious and will make you crave more. Share with all your friends and family and have a joyous time.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- Crispy Potato Wedges Recipe | How To Make Fried Potato Wedges
- Ghugni Recipe | How To Make Street-Style Ghugni At Home
- Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe | How To Make Bengali-Style Chicken Jalfrezi
- Sheem Aloo Bhaja Recipe | How To Make Potato Board Beans Stir Fry
- Kolkata-Style Chicken Manchurian (Gravy) Recipe
- Aloo Peyajkoli Bhaja Recipe | How To Make Green Onion Stir Fry