Crispy Chicken is an all-time favorite snack for the ones who love chicken. This fried item can be eaten anytime, be it in the evening as a snack or during midnight when there is a craving. Some of us even order it in the restaurant as a starter to savor the delicious taste of the fried layer with the soft succulent chicken.
Now, if you want to make it a bit healthier, you can simply make it at home. Trust me it is not that difficult and once made, the deliciousness will push you to make it many more times.
You can even buy the chicken pieces of your choice and get creative with the spice mix you want on it as the garnish. Let us check out the ingredients and get started with the recipe.
How To Make Crispy Chicken at Home Easily
- 1 Induction Cooktop
- 1 Kadhai
- 6 Chicken thighs/breast pieces/ wings.
- 3 cups Buttermilk
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ cup red chili/green chili sauce optional
- 1-1 ½ tsp pepper.
- 2 ½ -3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp salt/to taste
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp Aamchur powder
- 1 tsp white pepper optional
- Vegetable oil for frying
Marinate the chicken
- First, in a bowl take the buttermilk, green/red chili sauce, salt, and pepper and mix all of it well.
- To this mix, add in the chicken and coat them well. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for around 4-5 hours (overnight will be best).
- Now, before frying the chicken, put oil in a kadhai r skillet. The oil should be sufficient to deep fry the chicken.
- Let the oil heat until you see light smoking.
Coat the chicken
- While the oil is getting heated, prepare the breading for the chicken.
- Combine the flour, cornstarch, onion powder, garlic powder, red chili powder, pepper, basil, oregano, salt, and white pepper (optional) in a shallow dish.
- To the dry mix, put one marinated chicken piece and coat it well. Gently shake off the excess mix. Repeat the process for all the pieces of chicken.
Fry the chicken
- Now, in the already hot oil, place the breaded chicken carefully. Do not fry them all together and maintain a gap of a few seconds before placing the next.
- Fry each piece for around 10-15 minutes. Keep the flame medium so that the outer coating does not burn. Fry them until golden brown.
- Make sure to turn the pieces halfway through to cook them evenly.
- Remove the fried chicken pieces from the oil and place them on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil. Keep them for around 5-10 minutes before serving.
Prepare the garnishing spice mix
- While the chicken pieces are resting, make a garnishing spice mix.
- For that in a bowl take some Aamchur powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried, dried oregano, pepper, and salt to taste.
Garnish the chicken
- Mix the spices well and then toss in the chicken.
- Coat them well in the spices.
There you go!
Your crispy fried chicken is ready to be savored. Serve them with your favorite sauce and other sides like some pickled onion. You can also enjoy it with some good tea/coffee.
Take a bite and feel how soft and succulent the interior is together with the crispy spicy profile of the coating. The Aamchur gives an extra bit of tang and flavor to the chicken.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- Beguni Recipe | How To Make Bengali Style Batter Fried Brinjal
- Egg Chowmein Recipe | How To Make Kolkata-Style Egg Chow
- Chicken Lollipop Recipe | How To Make Restaurant Style Drums of Heaven
- Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe – How To Make Easily At Home
- Khichuri Recipe | How To Make Bengali-Style Khichdi At Home
- Chicken Popcorn Recipe | How To Make Popcorn Chicken At Home