Chicken Rezala is a delicious recipe often prepared by Bengalis and is basically of Mughlai origin.
The chicken gravy is white in color and it is extremely flavourful.
In chicken Rezala, the chicken pieces are super juicy and soft with all the added masalas and paste.
Let see how to prepare this dish easily at home…
Chicken Rezala Recipe (Bengali Style)
- 500 g Chicken
- Onion paste
- Chopped onions
- Ginger garlic paste
- Green chilli paste
- Corainder powder
- Black pepper powder
- White pepper powder
- Whole garam masalas cardamoms, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, clove
- Dry red chilli
- Black peppercorns
- green chilies
- Garam masala powder
- Cashew nut
- Dry pumpkin char Mogoj
- Poppyseed paste
- 150 g Curd
- Refined oil
- To make Chicken Rezala, first marinate the chicken as this adds flavour and taste to the ultimate recipe.
Marinate the Chicken
- In order to marinate chicken you have to make small slits in the chicken pieces so that the marinated masalas or paste are absorbed well by the chicken pieces and the pieces become more juicier.
- Now for marination you need to make a paste of ginger, garlic and green chilli, salt, onion paste, curd, little bit of garam masala powder, coriander powder and black pepper powder.
- Mix all the masalas well and marinate the chicken pieces well with this paste.
- Preserve it well for atleast 1 hour.
Prepare the gravy
- Now add refined oil in a kadhai.
- Add 4-5 bay leaves, black pepper corns, whole garam masalas with 1 big cinnamon stick, 2 to 3 green cardamoms and 3 to 4 cloves.
- Now add 2 to 3 dry red chilies. If you want you can cook the whole recipe in ghee also.
- Now add onions and add a little bit of ginger garlic paste.
Cook Chicken Rezala
- After the onions and ginger garlic paste turns golden brown, add the marinated chicken.
- Now mix the chicken well with the added masalas and onions in a high flame for 3-5 minutes
- Add salt and sugar accordingly.
- Now lower the flame and cover the lid of the kadai and let the chicken cook for 7 to 8 minutes. This will cook the chicken pieces well.
- Open the lid of the kadai and add the smooth paste of cashew nuts, dry pumpkin seeds (Char Mogoj), and poppy seeds.
- Mix the paste well and add a little bit of hot water in the kadai to bring a consistency to the recipe.
- Now again close the lid of the kadai for about 15 to 20 minutes and allow the chicken pieces to boil and cook well
- After 15 to 20 minutes, open the lid and add slit green chillies and white paper powder.
- Your delicious Chicken Rezala is ready. Serve it hot.
The delicious Chicken Rezala can be prepared on any occasion.
You can enjoy it with fried rice or hot roti and parathas.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- Beguni Recipe | How To Make Bengali Style Batter Fried Brinjal
- Egg Chowmein Recipe | How To Make Kolkata-Style Egg Chow
- Chicken Lollipop Recipe | How To Make Restaurant Style Drums of Heaven
- Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe – How To Make Easily At Home
- Khichuri Recipe | How To Make Bengali-Style Khichdi At Home
- Chicken Popcorn Recipe | How To Make Popcorn Chicken At Home