If you are getting an urge for a tasty and satisfying snack, give the juicy and crunchy chicken popcorn a try. This delectable item is relished by the people of almost all age groups. The dish has its own essence and flavor profile.
These tiny morsels can be eaten as an appetizer or as quick bites any time you feel like. It will satisfy your cravings and taste buds all at once. The bite-size chunks are super addictive and more interestingly, pretty easy to make.
The recipe can be prepared in various ways. You can use your own combination of herbs and a different way to cook the chicken pop corns, be it baking, air frying, or frying in oil. Take the dip of your choice and enjoy the food.
Let us see what are the ingredients and how to make it for a great result.
Chicken Popcorn Recipe (Crispy and Delicious)
- 1 Induction Cooktop
- 1 Kadhai
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 2-3 Chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Corn flakes
- 2 tbsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1-1½ tbsp Dried oregano
- 1 tbsp Dried Basil
- 2 tbsp Paprika/ Red chili Powder
- 2 tbsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil
Prepare the chicken
- First, clean and wash the chicken breasts really well.
- Next, cut them into 1½ inch pieces.
Marinate the chicken
- Take a mixing bowl and pour in the buttermilk. To that add some garlic powder, onion powder, paprika or red chili powder, dried oregano, dried basil, pepper, and salt to taste.
- Marinate the chicken well and refrigerate it for up to 8 hours. If possible, keep it overnight. This will make the chicken pieces much softer and succulent.
Prepare the coating
- Next, before starting to cook, take the all-purpose flour and cornflour in one plate. Crush the cornflakes coarsely and mix them with the flour.
- Into the dry mix, add the dried oregano, paprika or red chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, some salt, black pepper, dried basil, and baking powder.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Take a bowl and crack two eggs. Whisk them with some salt to taste.
- Now, take the marinated chicken out of the fridge.
- Take a kadhai or deep frying pan and put a generous amount of vegetable oil. Keep the flame on medium.
- Let the oil heat until it starts to smoke a bit.
Fry the Chicken
- While the oil is getting heated take one piece of marinated chicken and coat it well with the dry ingredient mix.
- For a double coating take the already coated chicken and dip it in the egg wash. Take it out and again coat it with the dry ingredient mix. Shake off the excess gently (do not mix your dry and wet hands).
- Repeat the process for all the pieces of chicken until you have no more left.
- Keeping the flame on medium, fry the coated chicken pieces in batches.
- Keep on frying until the chicken popcorn turns golden from all sides.
Garnish the chicken popcorns
- Take them out on a plate covered with kitchen tissues. This will soak out the excess oil.
- For extra crispiness, you can re-fry the chicken popcorn on high heat for just a few seconds. Make sure not to burn the outer coating.
- Garnish them with some more pepper and dried herbs.
Voila! Your Chicken popcorns are ready to be tossed into the mouth. Serve them with mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, and sweet chili sauce.
You can also present it with mashed potatoes, stir-fried veggies, or even with some veg rice and gravy. The delicious fried flavor comes through along with the savory spicy spice mix. The soft juicy pieces of chicken and the crispiness hit differently.
If you are feeling like it, enjoy it with a cup of filter coffee. Make it any time and once you start to eat, be certain that you will finish it up just in a few minutes. Share and savor it!
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- Crispy Potato Wedges Recipe | How To Make Fried Potato Wedges
- Ghugni Recipe | How To Make Street-Style Ghugni At Home
- Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe | How To Make Bengali-Style Chicken Jalfrezi
- Sheem Aloo Bhaja Recipe | How To Make Potato Board Beans Stir Fry
- Kolkata-Style Chicken Manchurian (Gravy) Recipe
- Aloo Peyajkoli Bhaja Recipe | How To Make Green Onion Stir Fry