If you have been to Darjeeling or Gangtok, I am sure that you all have tasted momo at least once. Momo is a Tibetan food that is usually prepared without the use of any oil or with little oil.
But now fried momo is also available in many places and is a popular street food too.
Momos come in different forms as steamed momo, shallow fried momo, or deep dried momo.
Steamed momo is far healthier than the other two. Apart from fast food stalls in different parts of Bengal, Momo can be easily made at home.
So let’s see how to make steamed chicken momos easily at home…
Chicken Momo Recipe (Steamed)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour/maida
- 1 Pinch Baking soda
- 300 g Chicken Boneless
- Onion Chopped
- Red Chilli powder
- Garlic powder
- Spring Onion Chopped
- Pepper powder
- Refined oil
Prepare the dough
- First, take the flour in a bowl and add a little salt and baking soda in that bowl.
- Then knead the flour well with a little hot water. Remember that the flour should not be too hard or soft.
- Cover with flour and keep it aside.
Prepare of the filling/stuffing
- Then grind the boneless chicken pieces well in a mixer grinder.
- Take another pan and prepare the stuffing now.
- Firstly add chopped onion, garlic powder/paste, chopped green chillies and chopped spring onion, soy sauce, salt to taste, and finally black pepper powder.
Cook the momos
- Cut small doughs from the flour and spread them in the shape of a thin loaf of bread or puri.
- Now add a sufficient amount of stuffing and shape it into the form of a dumpling.
- Lightly brush the momos with refined oil and allow them to steam for 20-25 minutes.
- Your momos are ready to be served.
In winter chicken momo with chicken soup and momo special sauce tastes like heaven.
If you want, you can make cheese, veg, or cheese momo in the same way.
Then why wait for your friend to go to the nearest momo stall, make this delicious recipe at home yourself!
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- Potol Dalna Recipe | How To Make Bengali-Style Aloo Potoler Dalna
- Jhinge Posto Recipe | How To Make Jinge-Aloo Posto At Home
- Eggless Egg Curry Recipe | How To Make Paneer Ke Ande (Veg Egg)
- Crispy Chicken Recipe | How To Make Crispy Chicken at Home Easily
- Matar Paneer Recipe | How To Cook Indian Style Muttar Paneer
- Potoler Dorma Recipe Bengali Style | How to Make Potol Dolma