Different states in India have various kinds of chicken recipes that are made with love in the households. Some of these yummy and tasty recipes have originated in India and some of the recipes are introduced in India by other countries.
Chicken kosha is a popular Bengali Dish that is really tasty and you can quickly cook this recipe at home. It has a rich flavor profile and it pretty easy to make.
Let’s see today, how you can cook Chicken Kosha at home in a very less time.
Chicken Kosha Recipe (Bengali-Style)
- 1 Kadhai
- 1 Induction Cooktop
- 1 Mixer Grinder
- 500 g Chicken
- 2 Onion Large; Chopped
- 4 tbsp Onion paste
- 2 tbsp Ginger paste
- 2 tbsp Garlic paste
- 2 Green chili Slit
- 4 Green Chili paste
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Dried Red Chili
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ tbsp Garam masala powder
- 2 Green Cardamom
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 3 Cloves
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- 2 cups Tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Sour yogurt or Curd
- 2 tbsp Chopped Coriander leaves
- Mustard oil
Marinate the chicken
- First, clean the chicken well and put it in a bowl.
- Marinate it with salt, turmeric powder, and curd/yogurt.
Prepare the gravy
- Next, take a kadhai or deep cooking pot. Add some mustard oil and heat it until it starts to smoke.
- Then add two whole red chilies, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, and bay leaf (tear it from the middle) in oil.
- Saute these in the oil for 5-10 seconds.
- After the fragrance is released from the aromatics, add the chopped onion, onion paste, and green chili paste to it.
- Fry them until they turn golden brown.
- Now, when the onion is golden brown in color, add the ginger and garlic paste to it. Mix and stir everything well.
- In another bowl, add the cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and red chili powder. Add some water to the bowl and make a fine paste out of them.
- Next, add the mixture to the kadhai or pot, along with salt and sugar to taste.
- Add Kashmiri red chili powder for some amazing color to the dish. Combine all the ingredients and stir them continuously.
- Keep the flame on medium and add the tomato puree. Saute and scrape the bottom and side of the pan while stirring. Wait until the oil starts to get separated from the mixture.
Add the chicken
- To this, add the marinated chicken to the kadhai.
- Stir them for a while and add some hot water to the pan. This is to combine the chicken with the spices and cook it well.
Prepare the Chicken Kosha
- Cover the kadhai or pot with a lid and let the chicken and the masala cook for 15-20 minutes.
- After 15-20 minutes, open the lid and check whether the meat is cooked well or not.
- Take a taste test and check if anything is needed. Since it is chicken kosha, keep the consistency thicker.
- Give everything a nice stir and sprinkle garam masala powder. Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and slit green chilis on top.
- The chicken kosha recipe is prepared.
- Serve it hot.
You can enjoy chicken kosha with paratha, fried rice, or simply steamed rice. The lip-smacking chicken kosha is loved by all chicken lovers. Share it with the close ones and chow down a hearty meal.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- Crispy Potato Wedges Recipe | How To Make Fried Potato Wedges
- Ghugni Recipe | How To Make Street-Style Ghugni At Home
- Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe | How To Make Bengali-Style Chicken Jalfrezi
- Sheem Aloo Bhaja Recipe | How To Make Potato Board Beans Stir Fry
- Kolkata-Style Chicken Manchurian (Gravy) Recipe
- Aloo Peyajkoli Bhaja Recipe | How To Make Green Onion Stir Fry