Chicken chow mein is one of the famous and mouth-watering Chinese cuisines in India.
In this dish, fried chicken and vegetables are tossed in chow mein, with various sauces, and garnished with spring onions. You may add egg, paneer, or tofu, but I have added fried chicken pieces.
This one-pan dinner is incredibly satisfying. It’s also far healthier than ordering from any restaurant. The veggies and chicken will give you a handful of essential nutrients in your body as well.
This classic Chinese dish is generally made of egg noodles and stir-fried vegetables. Adding a slice of protein (chicken or egg) to the noodles will give an extra twist to taste.
Chow mein is ideal for nights when you don’t want to prepare a variety of dishes. It is easy to prepare and cost-effective.
So let’s see how to make delicious chicken chow at home.
Chicken Chowmin Recipe | How to make Chicken Chow at home
- 150 g Egg noodles/Rice noodles
- 250 g Boneless Chicken cut into thin pieces
- Green chilies
- Spring onions
- coriander leaves
- Black pepper powder
- Chowmein masala
- White oil or butter
- Seasoning herbs oregano, chili flakes, rosemary, basil
- Firstly, boil the noodles and keep them aside. Cook it for 5-7 minutes. Do not overboil it.
- Now take chicken breasts, boil them, and cut them into thin slices.
- Preserve the chicken broth.
- Make a slurry of cornflour, salt, and soy sauce. Now dip the chicken pieces and fry them in shallow oil.
- Now places the fried chicken pieces aside.
- Now in the same pan, add oil and other veggies. Saute them using salt and sugar.
- Now add seasoning herbs and masalas.
- Cover the lid of the pan until the veggies get soft.
- After 5 to 10 minutes, open the lid of the pan, and add the chicken pieces.
- To prepare the sauce, Combine the following ingredients for chow mein sauce in a small mixing bowl: oyster sauce, sesame oil, tomato ketchup, soy sauce, chicken broth, and cornflour.
- Add the mixture to the veggies.
- Now add the boiled noodles and saute all the ingredients to mix the veggies and chicken pieces thoroughly. Finally, garnish the noodles with spring onions and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
The thick, dark homemade sauce with which the noodles are tossed gives chow mein its distinct flavor. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and salty and this homemade super tasty food will surely drive you crazy on winter nights.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- Beguni Recipe | How To Make Bengali Style Batter Fried Brinjal
- Egg Chowmein Recipe | How To Make Kolkata-Style Egg Chow
- Chicken Lollipop Recipe | How To Make Restaurant Style Drums of Heaven
- Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe – How To Make Easily At Home
- Khichuri Recipe | How To Make Bengali-Style Khichdi At Home
- Chicken Popcorn Recipe | How To Make Popcorn Chicken At Home