Butter Chicken or Makhni Chicken is a very simple and delicious meat recipe.
The recipe is named Butter Chicken because this chicken recipe is mostly made with butter.
One of the specialties of this chicken is that the texture of the chicken is as soft as velvet and the flavor of this recipe is very tasty.
Let’s see how to make this butter chicken easily at home…
Butter Chicken Recipe (Murg Makhani)
- 500 g Chicken
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic, and chili paste
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 3 onions finely chopped
- 3 Tomatoes
- 5 – 6 cashew nuts
- Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Garam masala powder
- 100 g of butter
- Fresh cream
- Kasuri methi
- To make Butter Chicken, first, take the nicely washed chicken in a pot.
- Now add ginger, garlic and chili paste, and a little Kashmiri red chili powder.
- After 15 minutes, heat refined oil in a pan and fry the marinated meat on a low flame.
- When the meat is fried, keep it aside and now heat a lot of butter (50 gms) in a pan and add finely chopped onion.
- Then add roughly chopped 2-3 raw tomatoes to the pan and add 5-6 cashew nuts.
- Also, add 5-6 cloves of garlic.
- Lightly fry the cashew nuts, garlic, and tomatoes with the onions and add lukewarm water to it.
- Then add salt and sugar as per taste.
- Add red chili powder and Garam Masala powder for better taste.
- Now turn off the gas and allow the mixture to cool down a bit.
- When it cools down, put all the ingredients in a mixer grinder.
- Make a fine paste of the mixture and add it to the same pan again.
- Then add the pieces of fried chicken.
- You will notice a smooth and creamy paste of all the ingredients that were given in the mixer grinder.
- Also, the beautiful color and aroma will make your recipe look more royal.
- Add the rest of the butter, fresh cream, and crushed fenugreek powder.
- Leave all the ingredients in the pan on a low flame by covering the lid of the pan at least for 5-6 minutes.
- Open the lid, and your delicious makhani chicken is ready to serve.
Butter chicken is best served with butter naan, garlic naan, or baby naan.
However, Butter chicken can be eaten with fried rice or pulao too.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- Chicken Chowmin Recipe | How to make Chicken Chow at home
- Ilish Macher Tel Jhol Recipe | How to make Hilsa Light Gravy easily
- Butter Garlic Naan Recipe | Soft Butter Naan (without tandoor)
- Taler Bora Recipe | How to make Sugar Palm Fritters at home
- Muri Ghonto Recipe | How to make Bengali Style Muri Ghonto
- Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani Recipe | How to cook biriyani