Bagora is a small village close to Kurseong on the old cart road. It is an iconic location on top of the Darjeeling-Kurseong ridge.
This place provides a stunning view of the Terai plains, Kalimpong, the Sikkim Hills, and a portion of the Mirik Hills. Bagora also offers a magnificent view of Mt. Kanchenjunga and the breathtaking River Teesta. It is surrounded by pine and rhododendron trees.
People can escape the city hustles to spend a peaceful vacation in Bagora.
In this article, you will get to know the following points about Bagora,
- How to reach
- Ambiance and natural beauty
- Things to do
- Best time to visit
- Places to stay
- Nearby attractions
Let’s see each of these points in detail.
How to reach Bagora
Bagora is located at an altitude of 7100 ft in the Kurseong sub-division of the Darjeeling district.
From NJP (New Jalpaiguri), Kurseong is 53 kilometers, and toy trains are available from the NJP station. Buses and rental cars are also a way of transportation that will take you to Kurseong.
Buses and jeeps are also available from Siliguri Bus Stand and Bagdogra Airport.
Now when you have reached Kurseong, simply take a car or jeep and in about 20-22 minutes you will reach Bagora, your desired destination. It’s easier that way.
The ambiance and natural beauty of Bagora
Bagora is far away from the clutches of urban communities. Here you can find a lot of natural abundances. It rewards its visitors with breathtaking views of the mighty Himalayas.
You can also see an exotic collection of Himalayan flora and fauna. The nicely maintained flower gardens adorned with terraced greenhouses attract visitors.
The entire hamlet is filled with various medicinal herbs.
The winding River Teesta flowing through the hilly terrain will leave you in awe.
There is also a chimney nearby which is built there during the British era. You can visit it too. Beautiful orange groves that yield ripe oranges can also be found here.
So the scenic hamlet impresses the visitors with all the thrills and excitement.
Things to do in Bagora
Some of the things to do in Bagora are,
- Soak in the magnificent beauty of the wooded alpine and the rhododendron trees.
- Photograph the snow-covered peaks of Kanchenjunga.
- Explore the beautiful flower gardens and terraced greenhouses in and around Bagora.
- Know more about the medicinal and herbal plants of Bagora in the village.
- Witness the beautiful orange groves.
- Stroll around the village and meet the cheerful local community.
- Enjoy a breathtaking view of the sunrises and sunsets over the mighty Himalayan Ranges.
- Trek to Zero Point through the trekking trails of Bagora.
- Visit the adjacent tourist spot of Chimney, Ghoom, and Kurseong.
- Capture the sights of vibrant Himalayan Birds.
- Go for a pretty shopping experience at Bagora market.
Best time to visit Bagora
The months from March to June and September to December is the best time to visit Bagora. The entire hills are surrounded by fog and mist during this time of the year.
The Monsoons are followed by heavy rainfall. Therefore, avoid visiting this place during the showers.
Places to stay in Bagora
There are limited options to stay in Bagora. Diki’s Homestay is one of the homestays in the area. There is also a forest rest house where you can get food and accommodation.
You can also stay in Chatakpur, which is about 10 km away. There are also many hotels and homestays in Kuseong (12 km away).
Other attractions near Bagora
The nearby tourist attractions of Bagora are Ambootia Temple, Eagles Craig View Point, Giddapahar Sita Mata temple, and Bhangzang Salamander Lake.
If you love hills and want to spend a peaceful vacation in nature, why travel to other states? Travel to this mesmerizing place blessed with all the natural magnificence and beauty in West Bengal.
A perfect solitude, morning refreshments with a cup of beverage create an incredible blend to sprinkle more charm to the trip to Bagora.
Some other articles you might like
- 6 Famous Sea Beaches You Must Visit In Odisha
- 5 Best Places And Popular Attractions To Visit In Puri (Odisha)
- 6 Amazing Things To Do (& Experience) In Gangtok 2023
- Bibhutibhushan Wildlife Sanctuary (Parmadan) – Timings, Entry Fee
- Hazarduari Palace (Murshidabad) – Timings, Ticket Price, History
- Ras Mancha (Bishnupur) – Timings, Ticket Price, History
Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the article may contain affiliate links. This means when you book or buy something using these links, you help support the website at no extra cost.