We often go out with friends to several restaurants and try different types of food.
But preparing a mouth-watering chicken recipe and enjoying it at home is really satisfactory.
Today I have brought for you a yummy chicken recipe called Afghani chicken recipe.
As the name suggests its main origin was in Afghan and was introduced in India through the India Afghanistan trade route.
So let’s see how to prepare the Chicken Afghani recipe at home.
Afghani Chicken Curry Recipe
- 1 Kadhai ( Recommended: Solimo Hard Anodized Aluminium Deep Kadhai )
- 1 Induction Cooktop ( Recommended: Pigeon Acer Plus Induction Cooktop )
- 1 Mixer Grinder ( Recommended: Bajaj Rex 500W Mixer Grinder )
- 500 g chicken
- 1-2 onion medium size chopped
- 10 g ginger crushed
- Garlic paste
- 2 pcs chili
Ingredients for Marination
- 5 g coriander leaves
- ½ cup Onion paste
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh cream or cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1.5 tsp dry roasted Kasuri methi
- 3-4 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 piece of charcoal
- 1 tbsp ghee
Marinate the chicken
- To make Afghani Chicken, first, chop onion, garlic and ginger and grind it into a fine paste in the mixer.
- Also add green chillies, lemon juice, black pepper powder, yogurt and chopped coriander leaves and make a smooth paste out of all these ingredients.
- Then wash the chicken well and drain out the extra water and marinate this fine paste with the chicken.
- Make a small slit in the chicken pieces so that the marinated spice can enter the chicken pieces. This will make the chicken more tender and juicy.
- Charcoal preparation
- Place a piece of charcoal on top of a gas until the charcoal piece is ignited.
- Then place a small steel or aluminum foil bowl in between the marinated chicken pieces.
- Then add 1tbsp ghee on top of the burning charcoal pieces and close the lid of the bowl containing chicken immediately.
- Keep the chicken aside for two hours.
Preparation of meat
- Now heat oil in a pan.
- Then separate the marinated pieces of chicken from the marinade and fry them in a pan.
- Remember to add the marinated pieces only but not the marinade now.
- Fry and saute the pieces of chicken in a high flame until they turn golden brown.
- After 7-8 minutes add the marinade and stir the meat well with the marinated spices.
- When the oil starts to separate from the mixture, and the chicken pieces are fried well, add 150 ml of water and close the lid of the pan.
- Cook on low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Now open the lid and sprinkle garam masala powder and dry roasted kasuri methi and cook for another two-three minutes and then turn off the gas.
- Your chicken Afghani is prepared. Garnish it with fresh cream and a little butter.
- Serve it hot.
Chicken Afghani can be best paired up with Rumali roti, garlic butter nun, or fried rice.
You will prepare this mouth-watering recipe for special occasions too.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links provided in the recipe are affiliate links. This means when you buy anything using those links, you help support this website at no extra cost.
Find more Recipes
- 6 Delicious Sandwich Recipes to Make for Breakfast or Snack
- Chicken Chowmin Recipe | How to make Chicken Chow at home
- Ilish Macher Tel Jhol Recipe | How to make Hilsa Light Gravy easily
- Butter Garlic Naan Recipe | Soft Butter Naan (without tandoor)
- Taler Bora Recipe | How to make Sugar Palm Fritters at home
- Muri Ghonto Recipe | How to make Bengali Style Muri Ghonto